Buying Your Katy-Cinco Ranch-Richmond-Sugar LandHome For The BEST Price
Katy-Cinco Ranch-Richmond-Sugar LandHome
For The BEST
Chapter 20 Twenty Crucial Things To Know Before Purchasing A Home In The Houston Area
1. What is the neighborhood like? Are there certain area features that might adversely affect the value of the property in the future?
2. What are the real estate taxes on the home?
3. What are the utility costs–especially electricity?
4. What home repairs have been made in the past two years?
5. How far do you have to travel to get to schools, public transportation, grocery shopping, your job?
6. What major repair expenses do you have to look forward to within the next two years?
7. Are there any utility easements or encroachments on the property?
8. What is traffic like near the property–any main roads, buses or railways?
9. Is there a fairly recent survey that shows all of the buildings and additions to the property?
10. Was there a home inspection done when the present owners bought the house. If so, could you check to see what minor or major problems there were? Ask the seller for a list of problems that were fixed?
11. Has the homeowner signed a Seller’s Disclosure?
12. How much are the closing costs–is there a better time during the month to close that will minimize them?
13. Who has the best mortgage rate and service for you?
14. How do you select the best lender?
15. What are the selling prices for comparable homes in the area? You don’t want to overpay or get carried away by snazzy finishing touches in a home that may be priced higher than other neighborhood homes.
16. How flexible are sellers about their asking price? What price do we initially offer the seller when putting in an offer?
17. How is my financing approval determined?
18. What does the yard and street look like after heavy rains?
19. What is included with the house in the sale? or excluded?
20. Will the Seller move out on my timetable?